Blog Intro of the Month


Saturday, June 30, 2007

Lawless is Chaos (Lawsuit waiting to happen)

Lawless is Chaos. My life, my experiences and everything I do revolve around chaos whether I wish it to or not. So, what happened, oh crazy Lawless? I shall explain!

(Start)

Sunday, June 29, 2007

I haven't slept, and i'm staying up mostly and playing World of Warcraft. Around 4 PM I decide that I need sleep. I sleep rather peacefully, deeply until I hear a large bang at the front door of my house. I open my eyes wide, sit up and glare at my door listening. I hear in the first room of the house, " Get down and put your hands up! " Scared, confused and even dazed from my sudden waking I fall unable to move. My door swings open and a large gun is pointed straight at my face as well as a flashlight. "Put your hands up!" the cop calls out to me. Heading the warning, I raise my hands. He asks me to stand and I oblige slowly and cautiously as to not cause any unnecessary thoughts. He asks me to place my hands behind my back as he grabs one and quite gently at that. I do as I am told once again as he places Flexicuffs on me.

I am then moved out into the living room where I am sat on the stool. I look to my left and I see my father on the floor with three cops stands around him. To my right, I see the figure of my mother behind the curtain that seperates the window into the first room. This house has been expanded on, but the window form was left in-tact. The cops move in as two, what I believe to be, detectives entered the house. The cops begin searching the house and I query to the detective, "May I ask what is going on?" I was being polite, the situation was already out of hand. She replied and told me that they have reason to believe a gun is in the house and presented their search warrant. It was authentic, Yorktown Police Department and signed by Judge William Grestenzang. The warrant is printed as followed,

--------- start* -----------

TOWN OF YORKTOWN, NEW YORK
POLICE DEPARTMENT
SEARCH WARRNT

JUSTICE COURT, TOWN OF YORKTOWN

TO: ANY MEMBERS OF THE TOWN OF YORKTOWN POLICE DEPARTMENT,
WESTCHESTER COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY OR THE NEW YORK
STATE POLICE, YOU ARE HEREBY DIRECTED TO SEARCH:

#35 Seven Oaks, Mohegan Lake, New York, County of Westchester, State of New York, a white two story duplex, single story house located thereat, owned by unknown owner AND any persons at location.

FOR THE FOLLOWING PROPERTY:
Any firearms or air powered guns or any replica thereof.

AN IF ANY SUCH PROPERTY IS FOUND, you are herby directed to seize the same, and without unnecessary delay, return it to this court together with this warrant and a written inventory of such property subscribed and sworn to by you.

YOU ARE DIRECTED TO EXECUTE THIS WARRANT: ANYTIME FROM 6:00AM UNTIL 12:00 MIDNIGHT.

**YOU ARE AUTHORIZED, IN THE EXECUTION OF THIS WARRANT, TO ENTER PREMISES TO BE SEARCHED WITHOUT GIVING NOTICE OF YOUR AUTHORITY AND OPURPOSE

This search warrant issued this 19th day of June, 2007

--------- end -----------

I took it with understanding and waited as they searched the house. Nothing was found to be seized as the warrant stated. They took off the Flexicuffs on my mother and I before removing the handcuffs on my father. Soon, they vacated the premises and left us with a mess. Everything opened and searched, everything left out scattered without being placed back or in an out of the way position. We were left to cleanup the aftermath.

(End)

This story is based completely on my perception of what happened and heard. The only damage done to the household itself was from the battering ram to the front door. A large dent is left on it at the moment.

My mother told me that the cop had slammed open the door with the battering ram and knocked her back before pushing her against the wall. Her arm is fractured, has a torn ligament and has a few stressed muscles. Medical documents of this are also available to anyone truly curious about the situation.

The cause of this, is from a man that has come to my house before. The most possible situation is that he held up someone at gun point for robbery. The detective, only stated that he was being chased because he committed robbery and they had reason to believe that the weapon was stashed here. It should also be known this man was involved in a high speed chase. His motorcycle had gone down at 100 MPH. I'm looking at this as a fault on the departments side, and a seek to find more to flavor it in some way or another. My perception may not be accurate however, and that should be taken into consideration as well.

All in all, this incident is proof that police departments are incredibly interested in seeking justice, but will sacrifice peoples moral as a necessary cost. The question is, is this the type of police force we want? We want justice served, but what are we willing to sacrifice in exchange? This is an important question this country needs to think on as it decides what happens within it.

Anyone who wishes to contact me for any additional information can do so by e-mailing me at stevenw9@gmail.com

* - This document was copied in its exact textual format except for a single signature, a single marking of date, respective names designating those two and line dividers.

No comments: